Thanks for joining us on the blog today Elizabeth.
1. What is the most recent book you’ve had published and can you please tell us a bit about it?
Greenheart of the Forest, published in 2014. Protagonists Dougray, Robbie and Belle are captured by an evil tyrant and taken to Wychwyre. Here they face their greatest challenges as they attempt to free the people, return an elemental to her home-tree and seek a lost crystal.
2. What was the first story you remember writing when you were at school and can you tell us what happened in the story?
My first story was about a boy who discovers he’s not human. Some villainous government agents attempt to capture him.
3. What got you interested in writing in the first place?
When I first began reading. I come from refugee parents and we didn’t have a whole lot of money, certainly not enough for books. So, I found the local library, which became my constant haunt.
4. What’s your favourite writing tip and how do you use it in your writing?
Don’t get discouraged by those rejection letters. They happen to the best of authors. Believe in your writing abilities and keep sending out those manuscripts.
5. What’s your favourite fun activity to do besides writing?
Reading a great children’s or young adult book and travelling in my caravan. (Yes, I’m a bit of a gypsy.)
Thanks for chatting with us today Elizabeth. To find out more about Elizabeth and her writing you can visit her website: http://bethloria.com.au/
Want to keep up-to-date on all the news from Young Authors Academy? Sign up for the newsletter and get the FREE writing tips and tricks.