Welcome Melissa and thanks for joining us on the blog today!
1. What is the most recent book you’ve had published and can you please tell us a bit about it?
My most recent book is Lizzy’s Dragon, launched in September this year. The book is about a girl called Lizzy who really wants a pet lizard. Instead she discovers something much, much better.
2. What was the first story you remember writing when you were at school and can you tell us what happened in the story?
I have a story that I wrote when I was about 7 about two rabbits called Mark and Melissa. They get married. Not much happens in the story!
3. What got you interested in writing in the first place?
Writing has always been something that I do. I can’t remember a time when I didn’t write. I only started thinking of creative writing as a career a few years ago as a way to do something I love and get paid for it!
4. What’s your favourite writing tip and how do you use it in your writing?
Stay true to yourself. Find the writing style that suits you.
I use this in my writing by sticking to topics that interest me and following the processes that work for m. There is no one size fits all way to get your writing done, do find a method that works for you.
5. What’s your favourite fun activity to do besides writing?
I enjoy all sorts of fun activities including reading, playing with my kids and their cousins, cross stitch, jewellery making and more! It’s hard to choose just one option.
Great chatting with you today Melissa. For more about Melissa and her writing go to:
From Melissa Gijsbers – www.melissagijsbers.com & www.melissawrites.com.au
Lizzy’s Dragon available from http://stonetablebooks.com/product/lizzys-dragon/
Want to keep up-to-date on all the news from Young Authors Academy? Sign up for the newsletter and get the FREE writing tips and tricks.